Penguin Random House, New York, NY
Home of the world’s best books.
The operations coordinator role is a great fit for an individual who enjoys helping others, has a keen eye for detail, and has a desire to grow within an organization. An ideal candidate would have a passion for books and an interest in learning about the full scope of the publishing process—from how books get from printers to the hands of consumers, to how data interacts within systems, to day-to-day problem solving. To support the work of the operations team, this role will take on administrative tasks such as scheduling meetings and taking notes, client outreach, creating and editing documentation, reporting, and more.
* Assist operations team when investigating client issues;
* Weekly client outreach to collect missing metadata and deliverables;
* Coordinate interdepartmental initiatives, including remainder sales, inventory cleanup, metadata cleanup, and more;
* Create, edit, and manage all process documentation;
* Build PowerPoint decks and other presentation materials;
* Run reporting on client data;
* Test new client-facing training initiatives.
* Scheduling and taking notes during meetings;
* 1–2 years of administrative or operations experience;
* A meticulous eye for detail and a knack for problem solving;
* Technologically savvy, with professional experience using PowerPoint, Excel, and databases a plus;
* Desire to work in a highly collaborative environment across departments and functions;
* Publishing/book industry experience is a plus.
* An interest in learning about all aspects of the publishing business, including warehousing, metadata, production, and more;
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
A world-leading research, educational, and professional publisher.