Desktop Support Engineer
Penguin Random House, New York, NY
Home of the world’s best books.
Daily duties will include:
* Taking ownership of reported technician escalated issues, see problems through to resolution, and/or escalate unresolved issues to the appropriate teams
* Research, diagnose, troubleshoot, and solve hardware and software issues
* Build, test and deploy application patches, upgrades, etc.
* Work in concert with internal IT teams to ensure the highest level of service delivery to the user community
* Document security patch levels and compliance for both Windows and macOS
* Proven work experience as a Desktop Support Engineer, Technical Support Engineer, or similar role
* Minimum 3 years of experience supporting Windows/macOS operating systems and technologies including Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, and group policy
* Minimum 3 years of experience with imaging and updating endpoints via Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, PXE, PowerShell, MDT, PowerShell, and application deployment via SCCM and Intune
* Knowledge of network security practices and anti-virus programs
* Familiarity with remote desktop applications (e.g., TeamViewer) and help desk software (e.g., ServiceNow)
* Knowledge of Macintosh software deployment and inventory management tools
* Must have excellent problem-solving, multi-tasking and communication skills
* A deep problem solver: able to think on your own and develop quick, sound solutions to complex problems and have a strong desire to solve with automation and self-service
* Experience with FileWave is a huge plus
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.