Production Manager - Penguin Publishing Group
Penguin Random House, New York City, NY
Home of the world’s best books.
Some of our notable Viking, Pam Dorman Books, Portfolio, and Sentinel authors include: Barbra Streisand, Ken Follett, Amor Towels, Jojo Moyes, Nathaniel Philbrick, Ryan Holiday, Seth Godin, Sophia Amoruso, Simon Sinek, Emily Chang, and Brian Kilmeade.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Consulting with the managing editorial, production editorial, and art & design teams to develop the specifications and schedules for individual titles.
* Entering/updating book specs in SAP
* Creating estimates and profit & loss statements.
* Issuing purchase orders for each assigned title and approving necessary costs and invoices
* Working closely with vendors, including compositors, component printers and printer/binderies, with troubleshooting, schedules and deliverables.
* Trafficking materials and proof passes internally and with outside vendors.
* Examining book samples and ensuring quality benchmarks are maintained for each book product.
* Minimum of 4 years of hardcover production experience; trade paperback experience a plus.
* Ability to manage multiple responsibilities in a deadline driven environment
* A comfort with numbers
* Excellent communication skills
* Strong organization and scheduling skills
* Excellent attention to detail
* Proven experience working with multiple vendors, including compositors and component printers
* Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
* Knowledge of SAP, FileMaker Pro, Box, InDesign, Acrobat Pro, and Photoshop a plus
* MAC proficiency a plus
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
Create the extraordinary.