Senior Python Developer, Cloud Data Warehouse
Penguin Random House, New York, NY
Home of the world’s best books.
We are looking for a Senior Python Developer to join our Data Warehouse team. In this role, you will help us to design, build, and run a wide variety of custom data ingestion (ETL) systems using Python, SQL, Linux, and related technologies. We are currently in an expansion phase as we build out our Snowflake and Azure-based global analytics platform. We are looking for a creative, energetic problem-solver with strong analytical and communication skills to help lead the way as we migrate our suite of core ETL systems to the AWS cloud platform.
* Work both individually and in a team setting to design, code, and maintain custom ETL systems to support our global analytics platform
* Interact with a variety of colleagues to help research and improve data quality and to strategize about new opportunities to leverage data that will help further our mission as the world's largest and most innovative book publisher
* Provide collaborative leadership in a team setting, as you share your knowledge of data warehousing and the AWS cloud platform to help propose new strategies and improvements
* Additional opportunities to build solutions that span the AWS/Snowflake and Azure/Power BI environments
Qualifications & Experience:
* Minimum 5 years of professional experience in software application development
* Bachelor's degree or higher in a computer-science field
* In-depth experience with relational databases, data warehousing and data modeling
* 5+ years of Python development experience
* 5+ years of SQL development and Linux shell scripting
* 3+ years of experience with Snowflake or other cloud-based data warehouse platform
* Experience with AWS, including use of containers (Docker, etc.)
* Expertise in writing and maintaining stable production-level code
* Experience with Java and object-oriented programming is a plus
* Ability to develop projects autonomously, end-to-end, from user requirements through delivery
* Interest and ability to learn other coding languages and technologies as needed
Given how popular these roles can be, when you apply, we’d love for you to showcase as much as possible in your resume how your experience will add to our team. We look forward to hearing from and hopefully meeting you soon!
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands