Associate Manager/Manager, Specialty Retail Sales
Penguin Random House, New York, NY
Home of the world’s best books.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Maximize PRH sales and market share at account base
* Responsible for selling on a monthly/seasonal basis and conduct in-person seasonal previews
* Create and maintain a monthly forecast for each account and effectively communicate opportunities and challenges
* Research and develop new markets for our books
* Craft targeted pitches and seasonal presentations
* Collaborate with sales and business development colleagues to develop incremental retailer programs
* Maintain a salesforce database – contact information and account notes
* Work across departments (editorial, marketing and publicity, and inventory) to maximize each titles potential within the marketplace
* Maintain regular communication regarding account information to retailers, publishers, imprint sales team, and management
* Travel as necessary to sales appointments and conferences
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
* 5+ years of experience in sales, publishing, or the lifestyle space, prior account management experience preferred
* Proven ability to create retail promotions and develop other strategies to increase sales
* Proven relationship-building skills internally and externally
* Ability to budget/forecast accurately
* Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
* Must be results-driven and take appropriate steps to achieve strategic goals set forth by manager
* Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively while also ensuring accuracy of work through attention to detail
* Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
* Proactive with strong follow-up skills
* Ability to successfully prioritize and work on multiple projects at a time
* Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
Create the extraordinary.
Media Jobs For You
Account Executive - Cox Business Security Solutions: Sign-On B...
Cox Communications, Phoenix, AZ 85027