Social Media Manager, Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House, New York, NY
Home of the world’s best books.
Penguin Random House is home to best-in-class storytellers. Now, we’re seeking a Social Media Manager to help tell our story across ever-evolving social media platforms.
Working within our Creative Strategy group, under the Head of Social Media, the Social Media Manager will collaborate with brand and title-specific marketing teams across both adult and kids to create innovative social content that consistently drives channel growth, community engagement, and e-commerce revenue.
Outside of being a social media native, we’re looking for someone who can be a champion for our books, authors, and brand, and can see the bigger picture in terms of how books fit into the wider entertainment landscape and shape society and culture at large.
This person should be well versed in marketing across the cultural landscape, and an interest in and aptitude for engaging a diverse range of consumers with a variety of interests.
They should also be an enthusiastic team player – social touches nearly every part of the company, and in addition to liaising with brand and divisional marketing teams, the Social Media Manager will be responsible for assisting the Head of Social Media in the recommendation and rollout of social guidelines and best practices for the entire company.
* Collaborate with social media team members to develop social-first campaigns and tactics that distinguish our brand and encourage audiences to tune into Penguin Random House and Brightly as channels in and of themselves
* Own management of content calendar, social media deliverables, and day-to-day activities across all Penguin Random House social platforms, including Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc in partnership with the social team
* Respond to our readers’ changing habits and needs, and pivot our social media strategy to meet our followers where they are
* Assist in developing multi-channel strategies that drive reach, engagement, and sales across all social platforms
* Assist in developing social best-practices and guidelines for all Penguin Random House brand and divisional accounts
* Use a deep knowledge of real-time data analytics and insights to measure performance in real-time and develop ongoing social strategy
* Proven understanding of the social landscape, platform best practices, and a clear grasp of consumers’ social media habits
* Ability to strategize and drive results through social media content
* Fluency in social media measurement tools like Social Bakers, Adobe Analytics, and Brand Watch
* Early adopter of new social media platforms
* Working knowledge of social media advertising
* A goal-oriented team player who can cultivate productive working relationships
* Proficiency in creative problem-solving, decision making, and time management
* Excellent written and communication skills
* Outstanding project management skills
* Familiarity with the Penguin Random House brand, interest in book discovery and interest in both adult and kids’ literature is a plus, but not a requirement
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. With your application please attach your cover letter and resume.
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands