Sales Manager - Pacific Northwest
Penguin Random House, Seattle, WA, WA
Home of the world’s best books.
This Seattle based position will interact with a variety of indie bookstore accounts in Oregon, Washington, Utah and Idaho.
This position will maintain ongoing communication regarding new and upcoming titles, backlist opportunities, market trends between our publishers and the accounts and will provide consistent feedback internally regarding the sell-in of titles and account needs.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
* Oversees the sales, marketing and merchandising of assigned core and client publishers books to accounts within designated territory to select indie bookstores.
* Services these same accounts in order to manage and grow their business in the most effective and productive ways.
* Implements management goals, directions and requirements.
* Remains current on core publisher and client publisher titles, authors, industry related trends and competitors to allow for the maximization of sales and for accurate forecasting.
* Attending regional trade shows, author signings/pre-pub events and other industry and account related events in the territory.
* Self-manages the territory and office: itinerary, travel, analysis, email, sales materials, etc.
* Minimum of 3 years prior retail or sales experience
* Awareness and interest in Publishing industry, including titles and authors.
* Ability to cultivate and maintain business relationships specific to book sales.
* Highly organized with the ability to prioritize multiple projects.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to access/follow various social media accounts, authors, etc.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office/Teams applications.
* Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to travel.
* Ability to work some evenings and/or weekends.
* Prior direct account management experience.
* Bookstore or Publishing experience is a plus.
* Proficiency in Edelweiss is a plus.
The salary range for this position is $70,000 - $73,000. All positions are currently eligible for annual profit award or bonus, subject to company results.
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
One of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States