Penguin Random House, New York, NY
Home of the world’s best books.
The Random House Adult Sales division is seeking a Sales Assistant to support the National Accounts team in their sales efforts with Barnes & Noble and Books-A-Million. Specifically, the Assistant will provide general administrative sales support to the Sales Director and National Account Managers who sell and promote titles across a variety of Penguin Random House imprints including Knopf, Doubleday, Random House, Crown, and more.
This position will get the chance to see first-hand the ins and outs of working with key customers on both physical and digital sales.
* Prepares sales materials such as Edelweiss collections and sales kits
* Responds to in-house and account inquiries
* Maintains, tracks, and analyzes sales data and runs various sales reports
* Creates seasonal PowerPoint presentations
* Communicates with various internal departments to place and track sales orders
* Provides general administrative support for the department and department head
* Handles special projects for the Senior Vice President
Minimum qualifications include:
* Strong interest in a sales position with a publishing company
* Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
* Ability to juggle and prioritize projects while working under deadlines
* Superb analytical and critical thinking skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Must be comfortable working with numbers
* Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Salary for this position is $45,000.00 Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
Create the extraordinary.