Penguin Random House, New York, NY
Home of the world’s best books.
The Reader Engagement Technology team is responsible for the technology driving penguinrandomhouse.com, readbrightly.com, D2C e-commerce across consumer sites, the PRH Reader Rewards customer loyalty program, our 20+ million subscriber email program, first-party data collection and instrumentation, and a suite of tools serving marketers and others across the company. We work collaboratively across teams and roles, we treat one another with respect, we enjoy a lot of flexibility and autonomy in our work, and we are committed to continuous learning.
You will be successful in this role if you:
* Care as much about building great user experiences as you do about writing beautiful code
* Have a knack for breaking big problems down into smaller ones
* Are communicative when you’re stuck and helpful to others when they are
* HelpEnjoy helping the people around you to learn and grow
* Treat others with kindness and respect
* Continuously improve your process
* Are curious about how things work and like to dig in and figure it out
* Write high quality production website code as part of a small, cross-functional, agile team
* Collaborate and communicate effectively with team members across roles and departments
* Implement first-party data capture and instrumentation technology to support our data operations
* Always work to reduce or eliminate technical debt
* Design and implement components, features, and bug fixes on a variety of systems
* Participate in and positively influence a collaborative, respectful, self-reflective team process
* Participate in peer code reviews (as a reviewer and reviewee)
Qualifications & Experience:
Technical skills include:
* PHP and WordPress
These additional skills would be helpful:
* Node.js, Nuxt, Express.js
* Automated testing
* Docker containers
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
Create the extraordinary.