Sales Manager - Grupo Editorial
Penguin Random House, Miami, FL
Home of the world’s best books.
Penguin Random House Grupo Editorial has an exciting opportunity for a Sales Manager to join our US team located in Miami, FL. Reporting to the Publisher of ORIGEN, the Sales Manager will both develop and work with existing customers in the Spanish Christian Channel to ensure objectives and strategies are met.
Despite the ORIGEN imprint being a relatively new imprint for the Spanish publishing industry, ORIGEN has quickly become a leader in Bible publishing as well as both original language and translated bestsellers. ORIGEN offers relevant guidance and hope to both the Christian and Catholic consumer through the books and Bibles we publish.
* Actively generates sales for front list and backlist titles with the objective of meeting assigned Sales and Returns goals for the channel.
* Develops and maintains excellent professional relationships with existing customers.
* Operates as the lead point of contact for all matters related to the assigned customer channel.
* Searches for and opens new customers in the assigned channel.
* Produces Sales forecast as needed for assigned channel customers and titles.
* Collaborates with Marketing and Editorial staff to select product and write or select copy to be included in sales tools such as catalogs, ads, etc.
* Travels both internationally and domestically to see customers as warranted and budgeted. Travel may occur on weekends or evenings.
* Attends genre-specific trade shows and conventions throughout the year as warranted, often on weekends.
* Projects initial inventory needs for assigned customers and channel with the objective of maximizing sales and minimizing inventory cost and obsolete product.
* Must be fully bilingual (Spanish / English)
* Previous experience in sales or in an account facing role
* Minimum of 2 years of experience in Spanish Christian book industry preferred
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal & written
* Excellent organizational skills with an ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at a time
* Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel preferred
* Proven ability to analyze sales data and trends
* Willing to travel as needed, mostly within Latin America and the US
* Must be located in the Miami, FL area
* Demonstrated interest in the Spanish Christian book industry a plus!
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands