Sales Associate - Specialty Retail Sales
Penguin Random House, New York City, NY
Home of the world’s best books.
Penguin Random House is seeking a Sales Associate to join our Specialty Retail Sales team. As the Sales Associate, you will be responsible for sales of all core and client titles into niche retailers, wholesalers and subscription boxes into the Art and Craft Marketplace, and working with internal sales colleagues and outside sales reps focusing on this category and will report to the Director of Specialty Retail Sales.
As a member of the Special Markets’ Specialty Retail Sales team, you will help effectively streamline sales outreach, work on title curation, create sales materials, and find new outlets for our books and strengthen our partnerships with existing customers such as Michaels and Jo-Ann Stores.
Additionally, this position will work closely with the Specialty Retail Field Sales force to assist with sales presentations, coordinate marketing campaigns, and attend regional tradeshows. You will focus on a broad array of books for the specialty market including food and drink, lifestyle and children’s.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Developing, maintaining, and enhancing relationships with key customers
* Maximizing sales growth within the established account base by acquiring and renewing orders
* Communicating with management regarding account activities (i.e. reorders, account strategy)
* Preparing weekly sales reports and updating information in SalesForce database
* Positioning relevant front list and backlist titles within account base
* Serves as the primary contact for external Craft and Art commission reps
* Staying up-to-date on new titles and other general information for customers
* Communicating with key account contacts on all matters pertaining to buying, distributing, and marketing
* Researching and developing new markets for our books and following up on sales leads
* Crafting targeted pitches, creating presentations, and email marketing through Mailchimp
* Communicating with Imprint Sales Team to ensure all requisite materials are sourced for seasonal sell-and attending local trade shows as needed
* Minimum of 2 years of sales experience
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
* Highly organized with the ability to self-start and prioritize a heavy workload
* Ability to work effectively on a team as well as independently
* Strong analytical skills with an emphasis on numbers and financials
* Ability to work well under pressure
* Proactive with strong follow-up skills
* Ability to successfully prioritize and work on multiple projects at a time
* Demonstrates proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
* Ability to travel up to 10% of the year via plane, train, or car; attendance at local trade shows may require the ability to work over the weekend
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
Create the extraordinary.