Financial Analyst - Penguin Young Readers
Penguin Random House, New York, NY
Home of the world’s best books.
Penguin Random House is looking for a detail oriented, self-starter to join the Penguin Young Readers Group as a Financial Analyst. This position will report into the Business Manager and will have an active role in monthly reporting and analysis, budgeting, forecasting, and ad hoc projects in support of all departments within the Penguin Young Readers Group.
* Monthly Reporting Compare actual results against budget and prior year for Penguin Young Readers Group imprints and prepare monthly commentary
* Track and analyze departmental operating expenses vs forecast and prior year
* Prepare various sales reports including channel breakouts, digital sales, and monthly dashboards
* Report sub rights income by title and licensee
* Maintain and update digital sales projections
* Budgeting / Forecasting Assist in the development of the annual budget and rolling forecast for Penguin Young Readers Group imprints
* Maintain detailed title schedules and overall title count
* Work closely with department heads to develop detailed operating expense forecasts
* Publishing Support Prepare and present brand / key author sales analysis at quarterly financial meetings
* Compile new title analysis comparing current and future publishing using latest sales estimates
* Point person for Concur / T&E questions and coding of invoices and expenses
* Author advance reporting and analysis
* Provide general ad hoc data and reporting upon request
* Advanced MS Excel skills are mandatory for this role Must be able to easily manipulate large volumes of data and use advanced formulas such as v- and h-lookups/SUMIF/pivot tables
* Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or a related field
* Minimum of 2-4 years of business experience in a finance/accounting role or related analytical role (book publishing/media a plus)
* Ability to analyze data and communicate results to management and directors
* Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability to handle several tasks simultaneously, prioritize workload efficiently and meet deadlines
* Superb attention to detail
* Experience with SAP and Business Objects preferred
* Working knowledge of Power BI a plus
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
Create the extraordinary.