Marketing Manager/Senior Marketing Manager, WaterBrook, Multnomah and Convergent Children's Books
Penguin Random House, New York, NY
Home of the world’s best books.
Marketing Manager/Senior Marketing Manager, WaterBrook, Multnomah and Convergent Children’s Books
Penguin Random House is seeking an experienced Marketing Manager for the WaterBrook Multnomah and Convergent imprints, focused on promoting Christian illustrated children’s and board books while directing and growing our direct-to-consumer Spiritual Thought community. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an area in the Christian market which is experiencing tremendous growth.
Our Christian children’s publishing program is devoted to sharing stories, both fiction and non-fiction, that teach children and young readers Biblical, child-affirming principles through experiential learning, story, and practical guidance. We are seeking an experienced, creative, collaborative, and enthusiastic marketer with interest in working with Christian books and authors to join our team. This manager will be hands-on in the creation and execution of customized campaigns for approximately 15 Christian-focused children’s books per year, ranging from children’s picture books to novels for young readers. In addition, this position will spearhead digital marketing efforts for Spiritual Thought, a social media channel, newsletter, and influencer program dedicated to building community around Convergent titles and authors.
Our award-winning and New York Times bestselling authors include Michael Todd, Tim Tebow, Jennie Allen, Matthew Paul Turner, Latasha Morrison, and Katie Davis Majors. Other notable authors include Lisa Tawn Bergren, author of the God Gave Us series, Mitali Perkins, John Mark Comer, Carlos Whittaker, and Roma Downey.
* Creates and leads innovative title-marketing campaigns based on market data and consumer trends for children’s titles by partnering with Insights, using our in house tools and individual research
* Collaborates closely with authors and their teams to implement strategies by developing timelines, digital content, and integration across author’s social media/related platforms
* Devises influencer marketing campaigns, custom audiences, and company cross-promotions to activate word of mouth and digital reader engagement that result in book sales
* Directing, launching, and managing Spiritual Thought channels (social media, newsletter, and influencer program) dedicated to building an audience for our Convergent titles and authors
* Sets and meets ambitious sales goals, drives discovery and engagement and closely works with other departments including Publishing, Editorial, Publicity, Sales, Analytics, Advertising, and Creative Operations
* Manages title-marketing strategies, advertising campaigns, analytics, and budgets
* Establishes relationships with third-party partners and related media platforms for partnership opportunities, as well as larger group initiatives
* A proven track record in promoting to children, parents and/or guardians, caregivers, and educators with resources that entertain and stimulate growth
* Strategic and creative thinker with the ability to demonstrate the execution of successful marketing campaigns from strategy creation through implementation
* Excellent communication skills with talent to speak fluently and effectively with top authors, literary agents, and key stakeholders
* Collaborative, curious reader across areas, detail-oriented, organized, problem-solver, and self-motivated
* Direct to consumer experience and creative skills consistent with developing social media handles and growing a newsletter community
* Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage a busy inbox with timely follow-up skills
* Ability to set and meet goals under an established budget
* Highly Proficient with MS Office suite and an ability to learn new applications
* Knowledge of Photoshop, Adobe, and basic HTML skills are a plus
* Though marketing experience in kids & faith-based publishing is a plus, it is not required or needed to succeed in this role—initiative, innovation, self-starter, project management, strategic thinker, attention to detail, and communication skills are key requirements.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. With your application, please attach your cover letter and resume.
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Media Jobs For You
Senior Digital Marketing Manager
Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Boston, MA USA