Associate Editor - Zeitgeist
Penguin Random House, New York City, NY
Home of the world’s best books.
Some of Zeitgeist's notable titles include: Guided Tarot, Anxiety Relief for Teens, How Does My Body Work, and Love More, Fight Less.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
* Vetting and identifying the strongest candidates to match editor and project needs, including researching author platforms.
* Negotiating a contract with the author within established parameters of the financial targets set for the project and consulting with legal when needed.
* Managing all levels of author and freelance relationships (fielding questions, handling check requests, sending comp copies, etc.)
* Delivering conceptual, structural, and line edits to authors
* Creating marketing copy, as well as advertising and publicity materials
Considering opportunities for backlist titles and repackaging existing content
Minimum Qualifications/Requirements (education, experience, skills, knowledge, physical abilities):
* Minimum of 3 years experience in commercial trade book editorial, online content strategy and publishing, journalism, public relations, and/or literary agency work.
* Strong interest in nonfiction and unearthing consumer needs through data analysis
* Growth mindset to learn and be challenged with new and innovative ideas and receive constructive feedback from editorial peers and managers
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong project management skills, organization skills, and attention to detail
* Ability to build and maintain relationships
* Ability to be persuasive and think creatively
* Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team-oriented environment
* Excellent time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines
* Strong and innovative problem-solving skills
* Familiarity with contracts
* Proficient with software used for editing, reviewing, uploading, and transferring manuscripts and promotional materials
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
Create the extraordinary.