Publicity Manager - Random House
Penguin Random House, New York City, NY
Home of the world’s best books.
This is an exciting opportunity to work across the Random House division's bestselling, critically acclaimed and growing fiction program, with some select non-fiction work, whose authors include Imbolo Mbue, Yiyun Li, Elizabeth Strout, Glennon Doyle, Curtis Sittenfeld, Tiya Miles, Isabel Allende, Kali Fajardo-Anstine, Ann Napolitano, Andrea Bartz, Torrey Peters, and Namwali Serpell.
The ideal candidate will have experience strategizing on and executing fiction, including debut, literary, contemporary and historical fiction as well as some non-fiction PR campaigns, have an established network of national broadcast, print and online media contacts, and excel in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. The candidate should possess strong communication skills, be adept in time management, and the ability to work both independently as well as in a collaborative setting.
• Planning and execution of publicity campaigns across the Random House lists each season including: maximizing exposure for authors and books through earned media roll-outs, coordinate with outside partners and bulk sales opportunities, create dynamic author events, and engage creatively in social media communities.
• High-touch author care and attentive communication with authors and agents.
• Developing, researching, and maintaining strong relationships with national and regional media contacts.
• Attending and presenting at sales, publishing and integrated meetings.
• Media training and prepping authors for media and events.
Please apply if you meet the following qualifications:
• At least 5 years of relevant experience in public relations
• Creative, strategic thinker, with exceptional communication and pitching skills
• Existing relationships with national and regional media contacts
• Knowledge of the marketplace and competition
• Strong organizational and prioritization skills and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
• Experience pitching in front of media and presenting in front of internal and external partners
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
Create the extraordinary.
Creative Jobs For You
Content & Digital Communications Specialist
University of Chicago Institute of Politics, Chicago, IL USA