Editorial Assistant - WaterBrook & Multnomah
Penguin Random House, Colorado Springs, CO
Home of the world’s best books.
Our notable authors at WaterBrook include Tim Tebow, Jennie Allen, Michael Todd, John Mark Comer, Latasha Morrison, Carey Nieuwhof, Kendra Adachi, Jordan Lee Dooley, Carlos Whittaker, Jo Saxton, Eugene Peterson, Stephen Chandler, Michelle Sanchez, and Taylor Calmus.
Multnomah features such notable voices as David Platt, Anne Graham Lotz, Mark Batterson, Katie Davis Majors, Steven Furtick, Jon Tyson, Trillia Newbell, and bestselling classics from authors David Jeremiah, Francine Rivers, John Piper, and Randy Alcorn.
* Providing administrative support, including scheduling, trafficking manuscripts, copying, etc.
* Communicating with authors and agents and in-house colleagues
* Researching trends and competition, including comp titles
* Creating flap copy
* Maintaining title information sheets
* Creating and distributing recurrent reports and running additional reports as requested
* Drafting contract information sheets
* Coordinating the editorial and production process in house
* Collaborating with all in-house departments (publicity, marketing, sales, production, design, etc.)
* Evaluating proposals and manuscripts
* Attending meetings and taking minutes
* Preparing manuscripts for transmission to production
* Additional tasks as required
* Prior office experience
* Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
* Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
* Ability to work independently and multitask
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
The salary for this position is $45,000. Please apply using our online application system and include a cover letter with your resume.
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.