Associate Manager/Manager, National Accounts
Penguin Random House, New York, NY
Home of the world’s best books.
We are seeking an Associate Manager / Manager National Accounts to sell frontlist and backlist titles of the Penguin Publishing Group to Barnes & Noble. In this highly visible role, the Associate Manager / Manager National Accounts will sell titles from the Putnam, Riverhead, Penguin Press and Portfolio imprints. These imprints are home to an incredible roster of titles and award winning authors including: C.J Box, Delia Owens, Mohsin Hamid, Paula Hawkins, Marlon James, Zadie Smith, Ocean Vuong, Celeste Ng, Simon Sinek, Scott Galloway and Ryan Holiday to name a few. If you are passionate about putting books into the hands of all readers then we want to hear from you!
Specific responsibilities include:
* Maximizing sales growth within the established account base by acquiring and renewing orders.
* Preparing and presenting all relevant titles and special promotions to account.
* Attending and participating in internal meetings including launch, sales, and marketing meetings.
* Working closely with each imprint on title development and strategy.
* Meeting with B&N on a regular basis (in person and virtual) to sell new lists and backlist, gather feedback on sell-through, obtain account news, highlight author event opportunities, and acquire other industry-related information.
* Communicating regularly with sales management regarding account activities, including reorders, account strategy, etc.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
* Minimum of 3 years of sales experience, direct selling is a plus; Minimum of 4 years of sales experience, including direct selling to be considered at the Manager level
* Strong analytical and organizational skills
* Ability to work well under pressure, follow up as needed, and meet strict deadlines
* Ability to work independently and in a team setting
* Ability to travel up to 10% of the year via plane, train, and/or car as well as regular visits to Barnes & Noble’s home office in NYC
* Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills; experience with public speaking preferred
* Prior publishing experience is preferred
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
Create the extraordinary.