Jr Designer - Berkley
Penguin Random House, New York, NY
Home of the world’s best books.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Manage and design multiple front covers and mechanicals
* Support and work closely with the supervising Art Director(s) on various tasks such as research, layouts, and presentations.
* Partner and coordinate with other departments (editors, copy editors, production and prepress)
* Prepare print ready digital files
* Maintain high production standards, meet deadlines, keep to budgets, and respond thoughtfully to feedback
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
* Minimum of 6 months’ prior design experience, publishing experience a plus
* Proficiency with the MAC environment and the Adobe Suite: Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator
* Ability to prioritize and multitask and do timely follow-ups in a deadline driven environment
* Strong layout and typography skills
* Very strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written
* Passionate about book design, color, and trends
* Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
* Hand lettering and illustration skills are a plus
* Knowledge of printing, prepress file/art management and production are a plus
* Problem solving skills: revisions are an opportunity to grow!
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your portfolio, resume, and cover letter. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands