Marketing Associate, Vintage Books & Anchor Books
Penguin Random House, New York, NY
Home of the world’s best books.
Penguin Random House has a wonderful opportunity for a Marketing Associate to join Vintage Books and Anchor Books, imprints of Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group. Dedicated to releasing Knopf Doubleday’s award-wining and best-selling titles in paperback, Vintage/Anchor is an industry-leading paperback publisher, with a roster of authors that includes Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Margaret Atwood, James Baldwin, Dan Brown, Paulo Coelho, Dave Eggers, Kazuo Ishiguro, Jhumpa Lahiru, Stieg Larsson, Cormac McCarthy, Toni Morrison, Alice Munro, Haruki Murakami, Richard Russo, Cheryl Strayed, and Colson Whitehead, among many others. Vintage and Anchor also publish a select list of paperback originals, and in 2022 will launch a line of hardcovers under the Anchor Books imprint.
The Marketing Associate will be responsible for daily marketing activities, including social media content creation and management for the Vintage & Anchor channels, coordination on KDPG promotions and newsletters, and corresponding with consumers and influencers on requests for Vintage & Anchor titles. In addition to providing administrative support, the Associate will liaise with authors, agents, and different departments across Penguin Random House in support of bringing our publications to the largest possible readership through innovative marketing campaigns, ensuring that those people who might buy our books are connected to their next read.
* Manage and be the main point person for Vintage & Anchor’s Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram channels, including creating content and maintaining regular content calendar
* Create and manage marketing campaigns as title marketer for select Vintage & Anchor titles
* Coordinate influencer marketing campaigns
* Lead strategy on social media campaigns
* Amplify and track all Vintage & Anchor titles across social media
* Lightly monitor social media on nights and weekends
* Track and analyze digital performance across social channels
* Keep up to date on emerging trends and changes in social media to present to the team
* Provide administrative support to our newsletters program
* Proficient across all social media platforms, especially Instagram and Twitter
* Have an instinct for taking “Instagrammable” photos and writing compelling copy
* Detail-oriented and highly organized
* Able to adapt quickly and keep up to date on latest digital trends
* A great communicator, able to collaborate with other marketers and the publicity, editorial, and sales teams
* Proactive and capable of taking ownership of projects
* Understanding of social media analytics and listening tools is preferred but not a requirement
* A passion for social media and for books is a must!
* Experience in video creation for platforms like TikTok and Instagram Reels is handy to have but not a requirement for consideration
* Though marketing experience in publishing is a plus, it is not required or needed to succeed in this role—initiative, innovation, project management, attention to detail, and communication skills are key
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program, kindly include your cover letter and resume in our application system.
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
We give readers what they want, before they want it.