Adult Inventory Analyst - Publishing Operations
Penguin Random House, New York City, NY
Home of the world’s best books.
Penguin Random House is seeking an Inventory Analyst to join their Publishing Operations team. This is an entry-level position into the Adult Inventory team. In this role, you will be working with an inventory manager to maintain targeted inventory levels for backlist titles from a variety of publishing houses including, but not limited to, Random House, Knopf, Doubleday, Penguin, Ten Speed Press, or Riverhead. You will be provided the opportunity to learn the fundamentals of planning and forecasting, shown how to maintain the integrity of information stored in SAP, and tasked with serving as a liaison between the inventory team and the customer service, warehouse personnel, publisher, sales and production departments. The Inventory Analyst role offers an engaging and educational introduction to the dynamic behind-the-scenes world of publishing supply chain. Insight and experience gained from this role can open the door to further opportunities at Penguin Random House.
* Analyze and track inventory activity
* Ensure appropriate inventory levels for deep backlist titles
* Recommend medium-to-short run digital reprint recommendations, including potential up-price opportunities
* Perform in-depth finished good and component inventory analysis to make recommendations regarding potential excess and obsolete inventory disposition
* Coordinate and track boxed set bind-ups
* Liaise with order fulfillment and distribution partners to address customer queries, product quality concerns, and receiving issues related to the timely receipt of books
* Create production orders and maintain title notes for backlist reprints
* Review sales/POS reports for account or category trends that impact our supply needs either generally or on title-specific levels
* Communicate digital print opportunities and reprint delivery timing with sales and publishing partners
* Prepare post-mortem reviews of new title performance versus sales estimates
* Develop and distribute ad-hoc reporting in Excel and SAP
* A minimum of 1-2 years publishing experience, preferably in Inventory Management or Sales
* Proficiency in Microsoft Excel; SAP and Power BI experience a plus but not required
* Strong project management skills including ability to multitask time-sensitive duties
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Demonstrates the ability to thrive in a deadline driven working environment
* Demonstrates the ability to prioritize and proactively and creatively problem solve
* Detail oriented with strong organizational and time management skills
* Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
Create the extraordinary.