Marketing Manager - WaterBrook & Multnomah
Penguin Random House, Colorado Springs, CO
Home of the world’s best books.
Penguin Random House is seeking an experienced Marketing Manager for the WaterBrook and Multnomah imprints, focused on promoting Christian books to a wide audience of readers. As Marketing Manager, you will be reporting to the Assistant Director of Marketing. This position is responsible for finding new audiences and creating awareness for our books inside and outside of traditional books spaces.
Our Christian publishing program is devoted to creating books that inspire readers to find rich, spiritual purpose in their daily lives and invite them into a deeper relationship with God. This is an excellent opportunity for a creative and enthusiastic marketer with interest in working with Christian books and authors to join our innovative and collaborative team. The manager will be hands-on in the creation and execution of customized campaigns for approximately 20 Christian focused books per year ranging from Christian Living titles to Christian Fiction to our gift products in the Ink & Willow line of resources.
Our award winning and New York Times bestselling authors including Michael Todd, Tim Tebow, Jennie Allen, Latasha Morrison, John Mark Comer, and Katie Davis Majors. Other notable authors include Anne Graham Lotz, Carlos Whittaker, and Francine Rivers.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
* Creates and leads innovative title-marketing campaigns based on market data and consumer trends for non-fiction and fiction titles by partnering with Insights, using our in-house tools and individual research
* Collaborates closely with authors and their teams to implement strategies by developing timelines, digital content, and integration across author’s social media/related platforms
* Devises influencer marketing campaigns, custom audiences, and company cross-promotions to activate word of mouth and digital reader engagement that result in book sales
* Sets and meets ambitious sales goals, drives discovery and engagement, and closely works with other departments including Publishing, Editorial, Publicity, Sales, Analytics, Advertising and Creative Operations
* Manages title-marketing strategies, advertising campaigns, analytics, and budgets
* Establishes relationships with third party partners and related media platforms for partnership opportunities, as well as larger group initiatives
Essential Qualifications and Requirements:
* Strategic and creative thinker with the ability to demonstrate the execution of successful marketing campaigns from strategy creation through implementation
* Excellent communication skills with talent to speak fluently and effectively with top authors, literary agents, and key stakeholders
* Collaborative, detail-oriented, organized, and self-motivated problem solver
* Strong interest in inspirational/faith-based book publishing
* Experience with social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
* Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage a busy inbox with timely follow-up skills
* Ability to set and meet goals under an established budget
* Highly proficient with MS Office suite and an ability to learn new applications
* Knowledge of Photoshop, Adobe, and basic html skills are a plus
* Although experience in faith-based publishing is a plus, it is not required or needed to succeed in this role
*Open to remote candidates. Salary range for this position is $65,000-$67,000. With your application please attach your cover letter and resume.
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
Home of the world’s best books.
Creative Jobs For You
MICHELE MARIE PR is Hiring – VIP AND EDITORIAL BEAUTY ACCOUNT...
Michele Marie Pr, New York, NY USA, Los Angeles, CA
Engineer 3, Digital Systems & Reliability, Peacock, Direct-to-...
NBCUniversal, LLC, Stamford, Connecticut