Associate Manager/Manager, National Accounts
Penguin Random House, New York, NY
Home of the world’s best books.
In this exciting role, you will be responsible for selling titles across either all Random House Children’s Books or Penguin Young Readers Books imprints, as well as titles for select distribution clients, to library wholesale accounts (Baker & Taylor and Brodart). The Sales Manager will also regularly interact with other internal departments including editorial, marketing, publicity and other sales colleagues while developing sales programs for titles across the imprints they work with.
Other specific responsibilities include:
* Build and maintain relationships and develop strategic partnership with the key library distributors.
* Identify key opportunities for incremental profitable sales.
* Creation of account reporting for sales presentations and selling monthly/seasonal frontlist titles using both Edelweiss catalog and account portals.
* Attend and participate in weekly internal meetings including, but not limited to, sales and marketing meetings.
* Manage estimates for both frontlist and backlist titles and estimating projections, as well as monitoring preorders and customer inventory.
* Running and analyzing a variety of daily, weekly, monthly, and seasonal sales reports.
* Providing sales management with regular updates regarding account activities including reorders.
* Visiting accounts as needed for sell-in and seasonal presentations.
* Attending sales conferences to obtain information and communicate plans regarding titles.
* Creation of marketing and advertising programs with library wholesalers.
* Coordination of in person author signings and library presentations through accounts.
* Attend meetings with library marketing teams.
* Attending annual library conferences; wholesaler library presentations and customer vendor meetings as needed.
Please apply if you meet the minimum qualifications:
* Minimum of 3 years of sales experience, direct selling is a plus; Minimum of 4 years of sales experience, including direct selling to be considered at the Manager level
* Awareness and interest in children’s publishing industry, including titles and authors
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong follow-up and organizational skills
* Strong analytical skills with a proven ability to think creatively
* Ability to prioritize multiple projects in a deadline driven environment
* Works well independently and in a team setting
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
* Ability to travel regularly up to 25% of the year by car or train
* Ability to work some evenings and/or weekends, as needed
The salary for the Associate position is $63,000 and the salary range for the Manager level is $70,000 - $73,000. All positions are currently eligible for annual profit award or bonus, subject to company results.
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
Home of the world’s best books.