Junior Designer, Marketing Design - Random House Children's Books (Open to Remot
Penguin Random House, New York, NY
Home of the world’s best books.
About Random House Children’s Books: (rhcbooks.com) we are the world’s largest English-language children’s trade book publisher. We create books for toddlers through young adult readers, in all formats from board books to activity books to picture books, novels, and nonfiction. The imprints of Random House Children’s Books bring together award-winning authors and illustrators, world-famous franchise characters, and multimillion-copy series.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Develop creative design solutions that engage consumers and help promote our robust front and backlist titles and proprietary brands.
* Work within established guidelines and set specifications while continuing to push the brand forward across different mediums.
* Work on projects from start to finish; materials include digital and print advertisements, splash pages, social assets, in-store displays, and sell sheets—just to name a few!
* Develop visual concepts in collaboration with all members of the team.
* Assist Asst Art Director and Senior Designers as needed.
* Create, maintain, and adhere to deadline-driven schedules.
* Effectively communicate with colleagues, artists, and agents.
* Meet with stakeholders to review work progression and traffic materials for approval.
* Remain current on illustration, design, and publishing trends.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
* Minimum of 1-2 years of design experience with a keen interest in design for branded properties as well as brand-building.
* A portfolio that highlights strong understanding of typography and creation of effective layouts—illustration skills a plus.
* Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator) with emphasis on InDesign.
* Understanding of basic UI and UX principles and experience working with Adobe XD and/or other prototyping software
* Ability to work conceptually, under pressure and meet deadlines.
* Knowledge of prepress and file preparation for print design.
* Strong communication and organizational skills with attention to detail.
* Desire to keep up to date with design trends and illustrators.
* Interest in pop culture a plus.
* Familiarity with Adobe After Effects desired but not required.
The salary for this position is $53,000. All positions are currently eligible for annual profit award or bonus, subject to Company results.
Please apply by September 5, 2023 at 11:59 pm EDT for consideration using our online application process, and include a link to your portfolio with your resume.
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
We give readers what they want, before they want it.