Publicity Manager - Health, Wellness, and Inspirational Books (Open to Remote)
Penguin Random House, New York, NY
Home of the world’s best books.
This is an exciting opportunity to work on Harmony and Rodale’s bestselling books in the health and wellness space. The titles range from self-help to inspiring memoir to diet, cooking, fitness, and parenting to “big think” non-fiction. Some of our authors include: yung pueblo, Cleo Wade, Tiffany Aliche, Michael Easter, Devon Price, Dan Harris, Rocco DiSpirito, Giada deLaurentiis, Maya Feller, Terrence Real, Peter Attia, MD, Drs John and Julie Gottman, Lisa Genova, Tiffany Jenkins, Kristin Cavallari, Kat Ashmore, and Shalane Flanagan.
This position will report to the Director of Marketing, Publicity, and Brand Strategy, and will lead media campaigns, as well as partner on overall Random House divisional strategies, to bring the division’s portfolio of imprints to the largest possible readership.
The ideal candidate will have experience strategizing on and executing non-fiction PR campaigns, an established network of national broadcast, print and online media contacts, and excel in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. Candidates should possess strong internal and external communication skills, be adept in time management, and the ability to work both independently as well as in a collaborative setting.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Planning and execution of publicity campaigns across the Harmony and Rodale Books lists each season.
* High-touch author care and attentive communication with authors, agents and internal publishing team.
* Developing, researching, and maintaining strong relationships with national, online, podcast, and local media contacts.
* Writing creative and impactful press materials and pitches.
* Attending and presenting at regular sales, publishing and team meetings.
* Creating and executing dynamic author events within budgetary constraints.
* Prepping authors for media interviews and events.
Please apply if you meet the following qualifications:
* At least 4-5 years of relevant experience in book publicity
* Strong verbal and written communication and pitching skills
* Exceptional organizational skills and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
* Existing relationships with national and regional media contacts, notably in the health, wellness and inspirational books spaces
* Must be able to handle multiple projects and responsibilities simultaneously
* Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively while also responding to urgent issues
* Experience and comfort presenting in front of large groups including internal meetings
* A motivated self-starter, strategic thinker and team player
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
The salary range for this position is $73,000-$75,000. All positions are currently eligible for annual profit award or bonus, subject to Company results.
Please apply by August 11, 2023 at 11:59 pm EDT for consideration, and include a cover letter with your résumé.
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
Home of the world’s best books.