Vice President/Sales Director - PRHPS
Penguin Random House, New York, NY
Home of the world’s best books.
Penguin Random House Sales is currently hiring a VP or Director to oversee the team of National Account Managers selling PRHPS titles to Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Books-A-Million, Ingram, Baker & Taylor, Costco, BJ’s, Sam’s Clubs, and the e-retailers; Apple, Google, and Kobo. This position will manage the relationships with each customer, liaising with internal channel heads, and will be responsible for maintaining and strengthening our existing relationships with these key accounts. The VP/Director will also establish close partnerships with each client publisher.
In this highly visible role, you will have the opportunity to work closely with publishing colleagues, including participating in title planning during launch, and sales conference meetings.
For a look at our complete list of client publishers, please click here.
Additionally, the VP/Director will:
* Strategize on the development and growth of the overall client catalog.
* Work to maximize sales growth at each customer.
* Coordinate with account to share, define, and develop opportunities to increase sales.
* Supervise a team of Sales Executives on day-to-day activities and on maximizing channel sales.
* Regularly communicate with customers and liaise with account teams on marketing and promotional opportunities.
* Provide feedback to publishing and sales teams on market trends and account initiatives.
* Reports to SVP of Adult Retail and Education, providing regular updates on the overall PRHPS business
Please apply if you meet the following requirements:
* Minimum of 10 years prior publishing sales/marketing experience
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
* Strong analytical skills
* Ability to work well under pressure and problem solve
* Proactive and able to adapt to changing priorities and environments
* Proven ability to successfully plan and manage at both the strategic and operational levels
* Knowledgeable of the overall book marketing, including familiarity with industry supply chain, authors, titles, category performance, and publishing trends
* Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
* Prior supervisory experience is strongly preferred
Please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements using our online application process. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.