Field Sales Manager, Midwest and Educational
Penguin Random House, New York, NY
Home of the world’s best books.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sales Manager to join the Penguin Random House Sales team. Apply now!
This field-based Sales Manager will sell titles from a group of client publishers to independent bookstores in Kentucky, Ohio, Indiana, and Michigan, to educational wholesale accounts throughout the country, and to college bookstore chains. This role maintains ongoing communication between the internal sales team and the accounts and provides consistent feedback internally regarding the sell-in of titles and account needs.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Selling front list titles to independent bookstores in the assigned territory as well as to national educational accounts.
* Managing backlist orders with an emphasis on maximizing sales growth.
* Maintaining knowledge of the publishing brands and titles, account base, and customer needs.
* Communicating regularly with the Regional Sales Directors and internal sales teams.
* Coordinating with in-house sales and Penguin Random House sales counterparts.
* Collaborating with the PRH Education sales team.
* Developing account promotional and marketing plans to support publisher programs.
* Attending and participating in sales conferences, educational conferences, and teleconferences.
* Attending regional trade shows, author signings/pre-pub events and other industry and account-related events in the territory.
* Self-manages the territory and office: itinerary, travel, analysis, email, sales materials, etc.
Please apply to join us if you meet the following requirements:
* Minimum of 3 years of publishing sales experience or relevant industry experience
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong follow-up skills
* Ability to think creatively and recognize new sales opportunities or account prospects
* Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities
* Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; experience with SAP and Edelweiss a plus
* Ability to travel to accounts regularly via plane and/or car; driver’s license required
* Familiarity with the educational marketplace is a plus
* Experience with marketing to educators a plus
Please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements using our online application process.
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
Create the extraordinary.