Digital Marketing Manager - Young Adult & Middle Grade Books
Penguin Random House, New York, NY
Home of the world’s best books.
This position will report directly to the Director, Digital Marketing Strategy and will work with the larger Marketing team. Collaborating with the Design, Editorial, and Publicity teams across the Children’s Division, you will support marketing strategy by crafting and executing digital campaigns to target teens, crossover readers, and parents and grandparents of middle grade readers.
What you will do as the Digital Marketing Manager:
* Ideate, develop, and execute innovative digital marketing plans for titles and series based on market data and consumer trends, continuously updating plans on a regular basis.
* Work closely with your digital counterparts to execute title campaigns across digital touchpoints, including email, social channels, websites, influencer outreach, festival and event promotion, etc.
* Work cross-functionally within the division to align on marketing campaign strategy, goals, timing, target audience, messaging, and more.
* Work with the marketing design team, and creative freelancers to coordinate routing of digital assets for video, social, and email content, utilizing project management tools such as Basecamp to organize and coordinate all digital assets
* With the larger digital marketing team, work directly with authors on creating custom messaging, social media support, and providing digital marketing recommendations for author platforms and channels.
* Collaborate with sales and retail accounts to create title and author content for digital and social media use across retailer sites and platforms.
* Create compelling copy and design directions for creative digital assets.
* Organize, execute, and analyze targeted social media advertising campaigns focused on conversions by submitting assets, copy, and budget, and working directly with outside media agency.
* Track, analyze, and report on the success of digital marketing campaigns and programs and how these correlate to awareness and book sales.
* Maintain awareness of social media marketing techniques being used by other channels, as well as look for opportunities to innovate and develop new techniques to share with the team.
* Stay abreast of social media and digital trends.
* Manage a budget.
Who you are:
* Passionate about digital landscape and social media and knowledgeable about the features and functionalities of emerging platforms as well as more traditional outlets
* Extremely organized with great attention to detail
* You have the ability to work on multiple projects at once and prioritize according to team goals and needs
* Proactive and positive, with a “can-do” attitude; a collaborative team player and leader who takes a thoughtful, strategic approach
* Comfortable taking ownership of your work
* You are passionate about user experiences
* You have an interdisciplinary approach to problem solving
* Ability to transition between the creative and analytical sides of marketing
* Strong creative vision for social and website content creation and ideation that will resonate with our readers and followers, including recognizing good aesthetics and staying abreast of trends
* 4+ years working in digital marketing, social media, or related field
* Extensive knowledge of digital media including social media platforms, content creation, and email marketing
* Ability to work on multiple projects at once, project manage and work autonomously
* Understanding of SEO and SEM and best practices is a plus
* Strong writing skills and ability to adapt to brand’s tone of voice
* Knowledge of the reading community and passion for books is a plus
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
Create the extraordinary.
Creative Jobs For You
Sr. Product Manager, Video Player Platform, Peacock
NBCUniversal, LLC, See List Below, Multiple Locations