Associate Marketing Manager, Penguin Press
Penguin Random House, New York, NY
Home of the world’s best books.
Penguin Press is seeking an Associate Marketing Manager to develop and execute marketing campaigns for a list of award-winning and bestselling books and manage and create content for its social media platforms.
Penguin Press was founded in 2003 by Ann Godoff and launched its debut list in the Winter of 2004. Dedicated to publishing quality nonfiction and literary fiction, Penguin Press seeks to publish ideas that matter, storytelling that lasts, and books that don’t just start conversations but detonate them. Since its creation, they have published numerous New York Times and national bestsellers, won five National Book Critics Circle awards, one National Book Award, and five Pulitzer Prizes, most recently in 2016. Books from Penguin Press have also earned prestigious prizes and citations such as the James Beard Award, the Orange Prize, the Los Angeles Times Book Prize, the Man Asian Prize, the Mark Lynton History Prize, the Arthur Ross Book Award, the Sidney Hillman Foundation Award, and the Financial Times Goldman Sachs Business Book Award. Penguin Press publishes a diverse list of historians, scientists, novelists, politicians, poets, artists, photographers, and some of the most respected thinkers in the world, including Ron Chernow, Michael Pollan, Zadie Smith, Mary Oliver, Thomas Pynchon, Emily Oster, Ocean Vuong, Celeste Ng, Steve Coll, Richard Haass, and Ottessa Moshfegh.
The ideal candidate reads widely, communicates clearly, works independently, and is passionate about connecting writers, especially nonfiction writers, with readers. This position reports to the Associate Marketing Director at Penguin Press and provides the opportunity to work alongside the larger team at Penguin Press and Penguin Random House.
* Serves as the lead marketer on title marketing campaigns under the direction of Associate Marketing Director
* Develops, implements, and analyzes integrated marketing campaigns
* Works closely across departments, including editorial, publicity, sales, and creative services (including social media, email marketing, design, copy, media buying)
* Identifies available audiences for each book and ways to reach them through advertising, promotion, and social media while also keeping up to date on new platforms and marketing methods
* Co-manages and creates content for the Penguin Press social media channels and the channels of select Penguin Press brand authors
* Communicates marketing updates to sales, authors, agents, and other stakeholders as needed
* Allocates and manages per title marketing budgets
* Minimum of 3 years of marketing experience in publishing, advertising, social media, or any publishing adjacent space (education, university, digital & print media)
* Experience working on creative and strategic campaigns that incorporate social media, influencer outreach, and partnerships with organizations
* Results-oriented, motivated, resourceful, and able to work independently and collaborate with a larger team across departments
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, remaining timely with email follow-up while navigating different communication styles
* Strong organizational skills
* Interest in nonfiction publishing is a plus
* Knowledge of online marketing tools, self-serve advertising platforms, and digital analytics is a plus (e.g., Brandwatch, Facebook business manager, Twitter advertising, Adobe Analytics) but not a requirement as we have training available
* Though marketing experience in trade publishing is a plus, it is not required or needed to succeed in this role—project management, attention to detail, creativity, and communication skills are key
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
Connectors. Creators. Experience Makers.