Designer, Penguin Young Readers
Penguin Random House, New York, NY
Home of the world’s best books.
* Provide administrative support to the Art Director, including archiving files, departmental tasks, and process organization.
* Collaborate with the Art Director and the design team on new ideas and projects for retail outlets, schools and libraries, and social media campaigns.
* Design a wide range of high-quality marketing and sales pieces including bookmarks, pins, school kits, and advertisements for print and online, all while maintaining brand identities and style guides.
* Act as a liaison between various publishing imprints and the marketing department.
* Help to brainstorm and develop fresh advertising campaigns centered around our hottest new titles, as well as some of our longstanding Penguin classics.
* Keeping up-to-date with design trends and marketing news.
Please apply if you meet the following requirements:
* Minimum of 2 years of professional design experience.
* Expertise in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, AfterEffects.
* A digital portfolio showcasing a strong knowledge of typography and design.
* Working knowledge and skills with Premiere Pro and HTML5 recommended.
* Ability to work on and manage multiple projects simultaneously under extremely tight deadlines, with a willingness to receive direction and adapt quickly.
* Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
* Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
* Interest in children’s, middle grade and young adult literature and trends.
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands