Editorial Assistant, Ten Speed Press
Penguin Random House, New York, NY
Home of the world’s best books.
Ten Speed Press is an imprint of Random House, a division of Penguin Random House, LLC, the world's largest general trade book publisher. Based in Emeryville, California, Ten Speed produces high-quality, beautifully illustrated books, covering food and drink, popular culture, wellness, graphic art and novels, art instruction and design, photography, gardening, home interiors, gift, lifestyle advice, career development, and writing.
Primary responsibilities include:
* Scheduling, managing agendas, creating notes for meetings
* Performing on-going departmental functions, such as updating status documents weekly and managing unsolicited submissions
* Drafting and updating materials for seasonal sales meetings, including content for presentation decks, Title Information sheets, spreadsheets, and informational packets
* Supporting editors on book projects in process, including drafting internal and external correspondence, managing blurb solicitation and editing approvals, generating contract-worker agreements, managing communications with contractors, processing invoices, drafting catalog and cover copy
* Supporting the acquisitions process, including trend, market, category, and talent research; drafting P&Ls; collecting competitive-title data; gathering materials for presentations and pitches; pulling sales reports; and drafting contract requests
* Evaluating proposals and manuscripts
* Communicating with authors and agents
* Coordinating and communicating with in-house departments (publicity, marketing, sales, production, production editorial, design, subrights)
Please apply to join us if you meet the following requirements:
* A strong writer who has a broad reading sensibility
* Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize in a high-volume environment
* Ability to pay close attention to detail, to single-task for extended periods of time, and to multi-task
* Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
* Direct experience taking multiple concurrent projects from conception to completion
* Familiarity with popular and emerging social media platforms
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands