Editorial Strategy & Licensing Assistant, Audio
Penguin Random House, New York, NY
Home of the world’s best books.
Joining a small, creative and rapidly expanding team, you’ll perform a wide variety of tasks to support the Publishing Manager and Director of Audio Strategy, across all genres of book. You’ll spend a lot of your time gathering information from multiple sources, comparing Excel spreadsheets and ensuring it’s all accurate, working to multiple deadlines and managing a lot of moving parts. If you’re someone who is highly organized, able to prioritize and communicate accordingly and have worked remotely previously, this is definitely a role you don’t want to miss out on!
While interacting with colleagues across the Audio division and through the rest of the company, you’ll work on the front- end of our audio publishing program, as we continue to grow our core business.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Assisting with audio master recording buying and selling tracking, invoicing, and communicating with international partners
* Creation of rights guide
* Creation and maintenance of contractual language database
* Special project support (create presentation decks, assist with research projects)
* Orders contractual author copies for audio and large print
* Provides general administrative support for the department
* Identify ways to improve and streamline information and processes
We’d ideally love to see that you have:
* Experience of providing administrative support to team(s), ideally up to 5 people, managing your own time and communicating effectively too all relevant parties
* Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously
* Strong written and verbal communication skills all with a focus on attention to detail
* Ability to work independently and provide solutions to obstacles as and when they arise
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Powerpoint)
* A level of excitement in absorbing stories through different mediums, whether reading, audio books, podcasts and more
This is an amazing opportunity to join a global business in a rapidly expanding department where you’ll be exposed to multiple teams across the publishing industry! To be considered, please apply and submit your resume and cover letter, outlining your skills and we look forward to hearing from you!
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
Create the extraordinary.