Editorial Assistant - Audio
Penguin Random House, New York, NY
Home of the world’s best books.
Penguin Random House Audio is seeking an Editorial Assistant to join their dynamic, fast-paced team. Reporting to the VP of Content and Business Development, the Assistant will perform a wide variety of tasks to support the Editorial team. While interacting with colleagues across the Audio division and through the rest of the company, this role will work on the front-end of our audio publishing program, as we continue to grow our core business.
* Work with the editorial team to set up title ISBNs for each new audio and large print acquisition (approx. 1,500 per year).
* Enters title-specific information into PRH Audio’s FileMakerPro database for each acquisition and tracks audio-related language in head book agreements and enters into audio database.
* Creates and circulates announcements when new titles are added into the schedule.
* Launch meeting support (compiles agenda, title information sheets, minutes).
* Participates in creation of title information sheets.
* Special project support (create presentation decks, assist with research projects, read submissions).
* Orders contractual author copies for audio and large print.
* Provides general administrative support for the department.
* Assist with evaluation of manuscripts for audiobook publications alongside editors.
* Prior office experience
* Interest in publishing and the audiobook business
* Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to work independently
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Salary for this position is $45,000. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
Create the extraordinary.