Junior Designer, Knopf Doubleday
Penguin Random House, New York, NY
Home of the world’s best books.
Penguin Random House is seeking a Junior Designer to join the award-winning Knopf Doubleday art department to work across all of our imprints: Knopf, Doubleday, Pantheon, Vintage and Anchor. Responsibilities include designing and preparing mechanicals for paperback covers and hardcover jackets and designing and creating social media presentations. The Junior Designer will work closely with the art directors and senior design staff as well as editorial, managing editorial and production departments to assist in taking book covers through the entire design process. This is an amazing opportunity to join an innovative art department and work with the renowned titles of Knopf.
* Designing original book covers and jackets.
* Preparing cover mechanicals.
* Preparing files for production.
* Reviewing and correcting proofs with the assistance of senior staff.
* Utilizing design skills in the modification of layouts and series titles.
* Adapting hardcover designs for paperback, putting together movie tie-in covers.
* Making reprint corrections.
* Designing typography-driven eBook covers.
* Help design and prepare social media campaigns for Instagram.
* Assist in brand development
* Graphic design degree
* Design internship experience a plus
* Genuine interest in book cover design
* Experience with motion graphic, photography and social media a plus.
* Ability to manage multiple priorities in a deadline driven environment
* Strong organizational skills with firm attention to detail
* Ability to think and work creatively
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat)
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
Create the extraordinary.