Product Manager, Random House Children's Books
Penguin Random House, New York, NY
Home of the world’s best books.
Random House Children’s Books, a division at Penguin Random House, is seeking an enthusiastic Product Manager to join the digital marketing team. This is an exciting opportunity for a Product Manager to work within the world's largest children’s book publishing company and support best-selling and classic children’s book brands like Dr. Seuss, Magic Tree House, Grumpy Monkey, and Uni the Unicorn. In this position, you will serve as the right hand to the Associate Product Director – managing our core websites: GetUnderlined.com – an online destination for teens and young adult book lovers featuring quizzes, videos, book recommendations, and more – and RHCBooks.com – a hub featuring the complete collection of Random House Children’s Book titles. You will also have the opportunity to work on seasonal and branded mini-sites to support marketing campaigns.
This role will work closely with a cross-functional team that includes design, marketing, analytics, and third-party vendors/freelancers. A typical day may include managing third-party vendors, updating product roadmap as consumer needs and business goals evolve, executing competitive research, and assessing new features and functionalities across these sites. Additional responsibilities include QA testing, UX research and user testing, product launches, and utilizing a CMS to update website content for various campaigns.
We are looking for a detail-oriented, meticulous self-starter with a solid foundation in user experience and a passion for children’s media. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator with proven success at executing web products. If you love thinking strategically to solve problems and advocating for the needs of end-users, this is the role for you!
* Work closely with title marketers and key stakeholders to define product strategy
* Manage business needs and budget alongside market and user needs to put together a cohesive vision and strategy for the websites you’re managing
* Plan and execute market research, user profiling, value mapping, and business plans/models
* Identify how web products interact with each other to create a holistic ecosystem of websites that supports the larger RHCB brand and business
* Collaborate with developers, designers/UX leads, and QA analysts on our team to bring these ideas to life through iterative design and development cycles
* Prevent feature creep by scoping incremental enhancements on the product roadmap while having a clearly defined MVP
* Research and scope incremental enhancements to websites that touch upon backend/workflow improvements as well as consumer-facing changes to site design and templates — or new features entirely — that help drive our business goals and meet real user needs
* Participate in ongoing user research, A/B testing, and usability testing to further improve the platform
* Leverage data and analytics to identify opportunities for improvement or further investment in the platform
* A strong history (3-5 years) of building and/or managing consumer-facing websites successfully, from ideation to launch
* Facility with Basecamp, JIRA, Google Docs, Excel, Powerpoint, Word, and other software/programs
* Experience with analyzing and reporting data using Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, or other similar programs
* Comfortable collaborating with design to create prototypes that meet testing goals, including applied knowledge with various user testing methods (surveys, usability testing, user interviews, etc.)
* Exceptional time-management and personal organization skills
* Proactive communicator that can deliver timely follow up with excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Adaptable and can flexibly navigate a fast-paced, changing development environment
* Familiarity with WordPress and/or experience delivering WordPress-based sites is a plus but not a requirement to succeed
* Experience with QA test scripts or working closely with a QA analyst is a plus but not a requirement to succeed
* Experience working in or an interest in marketing children’s media is a plus but not a requirement to succeed
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program, kindly include your cover letter and resume in our application system.
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
Create the extraordinary.
Creative Jobs For You
Freelance Multi-Platform Video Editor - NBC Sports Bay Area
NBCUniversal, LLC, San Francisco, California