Assistant/Associate Marketing Director - Putnam
Penguin Random House, New York, NY
Home of the world’s best books.
For more than two decades, Putnam has led the publishing industry with more hardcover New York Times bestsellers than any other imprint. With its rich history of publishing established franchises and new talent, as well as award winners, and with an unrivaled bestselling track record, Putnam continues to be one of the most respected and prestigious imprints in the industry.
The Assistant/Associate Marketing Director will work closely with our authors and their agents, as well as Putnam’s editors, publicists, sales team, and creative services colleagues to oversee marketing campaigns for hardcover and paperback titles across a wide variety of categories. They will work directly with Putnam’s Associate Publisher, Director of Marketing, on imprint-wide strategy initiatives, budget management, and sales conference preparations.
The ideal candidate will have experience planning and executing marketing campaigns from start to finish. We are looking for candidates who have a clear track-record of incorporating analytics into data-driven marketing strategies, and who have experience presenting their plans in meetings. Candidates should have excellent communication skills and be capable of taking ownership of individual campaigns while juggling multiple projects simultaneously, as well as the ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment.
Putnam authors include Delia Owens, C. J. Box, Lisa Scottoline, Kiley Reid, Robert Jones, Jr., Megan Abbott, Eve Rodsky, Chloe Benjamin, Karen Joy Fowler, Sophie Cousens, and Steven Rowley.
The Assistant/Associate Marketing Director:
* Develops, implements, and analyzes creative marketing campaigns for a variety of titles, while utilizing the insights and analytics available to inform their strategy
* Collaborates directly with editorial, publicity, sales, and creative marketing services, as well as with authors and agents, to communicate, refine, and execute plans
* Works with authors to maximize campaign effectiveness, including helping to grow social media platforms and brainstorming and pitching potential partnerships.
* Manages and mentors the Putnam marketing assistant
* Collaborates closely with other members of the marketing department to share ideas, brainstorm, and develop new marketing tools and strategies
* Is skilled at analyzing sales patterns and other key marketing metrics to inform their plans and promotions
* Communicates with the sales, editorial, and publicity teams to leverage new consumer insights into sales opportunities
* Continually researches and explores new marketing tools, platforms and strategies
* Has an understanding of the marketplace landscape, and experience using that knowledge to develop strategic initiatives
* Helps manage annual marketing budget
* Minimum of five years prior experience in book marketing, including experience creating and executing marketing campaigns for a variety of titles
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong presentation skills
* Fluency in key marketing strategies and tools including email, social media, and advertising
* Proficiency in analyzing sales and other key marketing metrics
* The ability to meet deadlines, multitask, and prioritize effectively
* Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.