Marketing & Publicity Assistant, Audio
Penguin Random House, New York, NY
Home of the world’s best books.
As the premier publisher in the audiobook industry, Penguin Random House Audio is devoted to producing top-quality fiction and nonfiction audiobooks written and read by the best in the business, including books by bestselling authors like Margaret Atwood, Brené Brown, Ta-Nehisi Coates, Elizabeth Gilbert, John Grisham, George R. R. Martin, Toni Morrison, Celeste Ng, Delia Owens, Rick Riordan, Jacqueline Woodson, and Colson Whitehead, as well as Presidents Barack Obama, George W. Bush, and Bill Clinton, and First Lady Michelle Obama. Our audiobooks have won 17 GRAMMY® Awards, 100 Audie® Awards, and 25 Odyssey Awards and Honors.
* Draft and distribute digital press materials for media
* Respond to review copy requests from journalists and influencers using the B2B Penguin Random House Audio app
* Assist publicity team members on campaigns and develop promotional strategies for assigned authors
* Monitor and log media mentions, awards, and best seller information for Penguin Random House Audio titles, circulating a weekly roundup of press coverage
* Research and regularly update departmental media and influencer lists
* Support Penguin Random House Audio’s social media efforts, researching opportunities, writing social media captions, and taking photos for use on Audio departmental accounts as assigned
* Log campaign data for marketing activity reports and circulate weekly marketing highlights
* Assist in the preparation of seasonal sales materials
Assist with maintenance of the division website, updating collection pages and checking retailer buy links as needed
* Strong interest in communications and book publishing
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and working knowledge of major social media platforms
* Demonstrates the ability to balance multiple priorities and responsibilities under deadlines
Photography/video and/or Spanish language skills are a plus
Salary for this entry-level position is $45,000. Please include a resume and cover letter with your application.
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
Create the extraordinary.