Metadata Manager, Penguin Random House Online & Digital Sales
Penguin Random House, New York, NY
Home of the world’s best books.
Penguin Random House seeks an inquisitive and data-driven Metadata Manager to drive SEO best practices for the Random House Publishing Group. This job is an exciting opportunity to learn about how PRH leverages consumer search data to drive online visibility for our tiles and play a key role in a fast-paced, ever-changing corner of the publishing industry.
This position sits within the PRH Online & Digital Sales Team, reporting to the VP, Director, Online Marketplace. You’ll serve as the Metadata Team’s primary liaison to the Random House Publishing Group, overseeing and implementing “living metadata,” managing divisional communication and training on best practices, and working closely with a dedicated Metadata Analyst to provide data-driven insights to stakeholders.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through our online application process.
* Fielding queries and managing training in metadata best practices for editorial, marketing, publicity, and managing editorial teams
* Working with the Metadata Analysts on analyzing, measuring, and tracking results as they relate to discoverability and revenue
* Ensuring the quality of metadata for frontlist titles and the ongoing optimization of the backlist.
* Identifying and communicating market-relevant opportunities for metadata, publishers, and sales
* Serving as a representative on the corporate team responsible for researching and testing metadata best practices
* Interest in and in-depth understanding of metadata, SEO, and similar concepts
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong attention to detail
* Ability to effectively prioritize, especially when working on competing priorities
* Strong analytical skills and attention to detail, with the ability to interpret and effectively communicate results
* Ability to learn new technologies and adapt to fluid and changing processes in a fast-paced environment
* Proactive approach when collaborating with the team at large and can self-manage when working independently
* Proficient with Microsoft Office and Powerpoint
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
Create the extraordinary.