Manager/Senior Manager, Middle Grade & Young Adult Marketing
Penguin Random House, New York, NY
Home of the world’s best books.
The ideal candidate will have experience planning and executing marketing campaigns from start to finish. We are looking for candidates who have excellent communication and copy-writing skills, who have experience presenting their plans in meetings, and who can take ownership of individual campaigns while juggling multiple projects simultaneously. Any experience with event planning is a plus as the Manager/Senior Manager will also oversee our consumer festival/convention strategy.
The Manager/Senior Manager will:
* Develop and execute the trade marketing campaigns for key frontlist middle grade and young adult titles.
* Manage the content development and creation of all retail and consumer collateral to support key title marketing campaigns (such as displays, promotional items, digital assets for booksellers, partnership collateral, advertising units, sell sheets, etc.). This includes writing copy and working closely with the creative services department on execution.
* Oversee our consumer festival/convention strategy, working with internal and external stakeholders to secure sponsorships, manage the overall festival budget, brainstorm creative activations, organize the creation and shipping of materials, and work the actual shows.
* Collaborates directly with editorial, publicity, sales, and creative marketing services, as well as with authors and agents, to communicate, refine, and execute plans
* Collaborates closely with other members of the marketing department to share ideas, brainstorm, and develop new marketing tools and strategies
* Present marketing info at key title and author meetings, as well as attend several other marketing meetings on a weekly, bi-weekly, and seasonal basis
* Support in partnership outreach and coordination, including brainstorming activations and promotional opportunities
* Prepare marketing presentations and documents
* Manage seasonal sales schedules and deadlines
* Helps to manage the Associate Marketing Manager on the team
* For Manager level: At least 3 years prior experience creating and executing marketing campaigns. For Senior Manager level: A minimum of five years prior experience. Experience in book marketing or publishing a plus
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong presentation skills
* Fluency in key marketing strategies and tools including email, social media, and advertising
* The ability to meet deadlines, multitask, and prioritize effectively
* Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team
* Willingness and ability to travel to various locations for consumer festivals/conventions (approximately 10% or less of the year)
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
Create the extraordinary.