Corporate Communications Associate, Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House, New York, NY
Home of the world’s best books.
Penguin Random House, the home to a staggering array of beloved, well-known authors, bestsellers, and emerging voices, is seeking an Associate to join our fast-paced Corporate Communications team. This role provides a unique vantage point of the company and industry-at-large in a busy, strategic, and highly collaborative environment.
The Corporate Communications team is focused on bringing the Penguin Random House brand to all audiences through executive communications, social impact strategy, media relations, and internal global communications. They tell the story of who we are as a company, what we do, and how we do it. And, of course, we are united in our mission: To ignite a universal passion for reading by creating books for everyone.
We seek an Associate to support the department’s external & internal communications and provide day-to-day support to the EVP and Manager while working in close partnership with the rest of the team. We are looking for a highly motivated and thoughtful individual with excellent writing skills and attention to detail. The ideal candidate will have an interest in communications and publishing and a strong pulse on the media and wider cultural landscape.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through our online application process.
* Consistently produces high-quality internal communications content.
* Actively monitors press coverage and disseminates media clips to key executives daily.
* Supports the creation and digital production of content for the company intranet, social impact site, global corporate site, and internal newsletters.
* Assists with the preparation of corporate materials, including organizational announcements, department and company presentations, and various logistical details for events.
* Assists in the development and execution of social impact campaigns and initiatives.
* Maintains and updates press lists and databases.
* Supports supervisors, including conducting research on various topics, calendar management, scheduling meetings, processing expense reports, etc.
* Supports the team with projects on an as-needed basis.
* 1-2 years of experience in communications, publicity, or related function
* Genuine interest in media, corporate communications, and book publishing
* Outstanding interpersonal and organizational skills
* Exceptional writing skills and attention to detail
* Ability to work on deadline
* Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
* Self-starter with the ability to develop new projects and departmental initiatives
* Proactive approach to problem-solving
* A goal-oriented, collaborative team player
* Proficiency in creative problem solving, decision making, and time management
* Previous administrative experience is a plus but not required
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Creative Jobs For You
Part-time Media Relations Coordinator (Media Relations Analyst I)
RAND Corporation, Arlington, VA USA