Content Marketing Assistant - Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House, New York, NY
Home of the world’s best books.
Content Marketing Assistant, Penguin Random House
The Content Marketing team at Penguin Random House is currently seeking an Assistant to help promote our vast catalog of titles through PenguinRandomHouse.com and ReadBrightly.com. As a key member of the Content Marketing team, the Assistant will work closely with the Product and Email Marketing team, as well as with Penguin Random House’s divisions and imprints.
Responsibilities Will Include:
* Editorial production, which includes editing, uploading content and properly formatting, adding creative assets, adding content tags, and optimizing keywords for search
* Writing email marketing copy
* Brainstorming content for our editorial calendar alongside the rest of the content marketing team, which will include updates to existing content, creation of new lists and longform articles, setting up author-written content and interviews, and more
* Making updates to the homepage and navigation bar on PenguinRandomHouse.com and ReadBrightly.com
* UI/UX copywriting to support website products
* Facilitating title nominations for content through our divisions
* Executing administrative duties as needed, including notetaking at meetings
* Copyediting and writing skills
* Proven attention to detail and exceptional organization skills
* Ability to multitask, prioritize, work independently, and take initiative
* Strong communication skills, time management skills, and a team mindset
* Experience working with website content (internships, fellowships, part-time work, personal projects, etc. are all relevant)
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Outlook, experience working in WordPress is a bonus
* Interest in book publishing and book marketing across genres
* Flexible and able to pivot when certain projects need more attention, or we need to shift priorities
* Positive and enthusiastic attitude – ready to hone content marketing skills
About the Content Marketing Team
The Content Marketing team is a part of Penguin Random House’s Consumer Marketing department. We strive to market our vast array of books through creative, thoughtful, and editorially driven content, connecting readers with the perfect stories. Creating content on PenguinRandomHouse.com and ReadBrightly.com, our team is passionate about books and helping readers discover them.
Salary for this position is $45,000. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Creative Jobs For You
Part-time Media Relations Coordinator (Media Relations Analyst I)
RAND Corporation, Arlington, VA USA