Associate, Global Strategy & Corporate Develpment
Penguin Random House, New York, NY
Home of the world’s best books.
Penguin Random House is seeking a new Associate to join our Global Strategy & Corporate Development team.
We are a fast-paced, collaborative team that works closely with the CEO of Penguin Random House on a broad range of strategic and operational topics. Every day, we partner with PRH senior leadership locally and globally across corporate departments, publishing divisions, international territories and shareholders to advance the development and execution of strategic projects. Our scope is an ever-evolving mix of topics at the center of publishing today, and typical tasks include implementing strategic initiatives, exploring new market and business opportunities, and developing market analyses. Each project we undertake brings unique insight and exposure to the inner-workings of Penguin Random House and our parent company, Bertelsmann – and the opportunity to drive our global agenda.
As the Associate, you will support cross-functional strategic initiatives and manage high-priority projects for the organization. The Associate will also help with ad hoc CEO Office responsibilities, including preparing materials for Board meetings.
What’s the opportunity?
* Direct involvement in driving and supporting high-level, high-impact projects tied to PRH global strategy
* High-level of exposure to senior leadership and a strong vantage point from which to learn about cross-functional business operations
* Immersion in a dynamic range of projects, digging into and distilling complex ideas into simple, digestible information
* Shared passion for books and stories, “behind-the-scenes” insights into the inner workings of the largest global trade book publisher
* Shareholder, Leadership & Board meeting preparationProvide information and data-based insights to a broad range of business leaders that tell a story and help to drive strategic decision-making
* Coordinate and support the creation of materials and documentation for Shareholder meetings
* Liaise with shareholder departments around strategic reporting and governance
* CEO CommunicationsAssist with planning the CEO’s internal engagements, including Town Halls across 10+ international businesses
* Prepare briefing materials and collaborate closely with Global Corporate Communications team for external CEO engagements
* Provide support in communications with Shareholders and senior leadership across the company
* Project Support, Management and Ownership Provide high level support and assistance on various strategic projects, including capturing key takeaways and actionable follow-ups for a range of global subject matter expert forums and working groups
* Conduct end-to-end diagnostics, including market research and industry analysis, in order to prepare recommendations on strategic planning and implementation with timely delivery
* Participate in, and later manage and lead, strategic business development projects in an international context
* Must be fluent in English (written and verbal), German language proficiency a plus (written and verbal)
* 2+ years’ work experience either through internships and/or practical work experience
* Strong ability to summarize and visualize information and create compelling storylines tailored to different audiences
* Strong attention to detail and excellent written and oral communication skills, including developing coherent, concise emails and slides
* Strong preference for experience in media, consulting, business development, or related field
* Highly organized, self-motivated team player, with a strong ability to prioritize, plan, and execute multiple projects and deadlines
* Strong ability to develop relationships through trust, gaining buy-in of enterprise stakeholders on key initiatives
* Able to find structure, logic, and insight in complex business problems to provide meaningful conclusions and compelling, synthesized recommendations
* Driven to work to a high standard of quality and with a professional demeanor
* Able to work independently and adapt in a fast-changing environment
* Curious, results driven, and execution oriented with an eye for efficiency
* Proficient Microsoft Office user, particularly with PPT, Excel, and Word
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
A world-leading research, educational, and professional publisher.