Publicity Assistant, Putnam
Penguin Random House, New York, NY
Home of the world’s best books.
The Putnam imprint at Penguin Random House is seeking a Publicity Assistant to support two Associate Directors of Publicity. This role is tasked with organizing the logistics for publicity campaigns and performing general administrative duties. The Publicity Assistant will work with a wide array of adult fiction and nonfiction authors, including Kiley Reid, Robert Jones, Jr., John Sandford, Eve Rodsky, Jill Santopolo, Jeffrey Deaver, and many others and is the ideal position for someone who is interested in learning how to manage publicity for high profile authors.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Coordinating travel and other essential arrangements for major author tours
* Handling detailed tour and media schedules for campaigns
* Responding to a variety of calls from media, authors, and booksellers and communicating between in-house departments
* Coordinating and executing review copy mailings
* Liaising with bookstores for author events as well as attending local author events when possible and facilitating virtual author events when possible
* Processing invoices and maintaining title budgets on supervisor’s campaigns
* Gathering and organizing press clips
* Creating press materials, such as press releases, pitch letters, and sample Q&As
* Performing online research to acquire publicity contacts and maintaining media lists
* Providing general administrative support to supervisors
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
* Strong interest in book publishing and publicity and a passion for books
* Comfortable working in a remote work environment if necessary
* Familiarity with media, news, and online organizations, in particular those that regularly feature books and authors
* Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
* Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a deadline driven environment
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
* Strong follow-up skills
* Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
* Proficiency in Zoom, Zoom Webinar, Skype, and other online platforms a plus
Salary for this position is $45,000. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands