Associate Manager, Children's Imprint Sales - International
Penguin Random House, New York, NY
Home of the world’s best books.
The Penguin Random House International Sales & Marketing department is currently seeking an Associate Imprint Sales Manager. This unique role serves as the key liaison between our New York sales office, the international sales and marketing team, and various publishing colleagues. Additionally, the Associate Imprint Sales Manager will be responsible for managing and coordinating all international marketing efforts, focusing on titles for the Penguin Young Readers publishing division.
* Attend and report on publishers’ regular and seasonal sales and marketing meetings.
* Oversee product management for the Penguin Young Readers division, including designating key titles, scheduling export editions, and establishing initial sales budgets for key titles.
* Present priority titles at international sales meetings and conferences.
* Provide monthly sales and marketing updates to publishing divisions.
* Create and edit regular newsletters, catalogs, sell sheets, and order forms to the sales team and accounts, and participate in the creation and management of some cross-divisional marketing projects.
* Work closely with the Senior Manager of International Marketing & Publicity to create marketing plans for the export book trade, and for consumers in select markets using traditional print media, online, and social media resources.
* Participate in the preparation for major international book fairs and sales conferences.
* Minimum of 3 years of prior sales and or marketing experience
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including copywriting and presentation skills
* Interest in international business, sales, and/or publishing
* Ability to effectively interact with employees across all levels of an organization
* Highly organized, with the ability to manage multiple projects at one time
* Strong interest in and understanding of international publishing and rights
* Familiarity with social media marketing platforms including Facebook and Twitter
* Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
* Knowledge of Microsoft Access, WordPress, and FileMaker Pro
* Foreign language skills
Please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements using our online application process.
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands