Marketing Associate - Audio
Penguin Random House, New York, NY
Home of the world’s best books.
Penguin Random House Audio, the premier publisher in the audiobook industry, is looking for an experienced Marketing Associate to join our team. Reporting to the Marketing Director, as a Marketing Associate you’ll play a key role in supporting two audio liaisons in launching title-specific marketing campaigns for fiction and non-fiction audiobooks from the Random House Publishing Group and the Knopf Doubleday Group lists.
You will have the opportunity to work on audiobooks from a broad range of genres and learn from many different departments in this role, including publicity, editorial, strategic marketing, and design. This is an exciting chance to work on an innovative, collaborative team and join the fastest growing part of the publishing industry. If you are organized, a creative thinker, and can work well in a fast-paced environment then this is the job for you.
Penguin Random House Audio is dedicated to producing top-quality fiction and nonfiction audiobooks written and read by the best in the business, including books by bestselling authors like Ta-Nehisi Coates, Elizabeth Gilbert, John Grisham, Toni Morrison, Celeste Ng, Delia Owens, Rick Riordan, Jacqueline Woodson as well as Presidents Barack Obama, George W. Bush, and Bill Clinton, and First Lady Michelle Obama.
* Work collaboratively with RHPG and KDPG audio liaisons on the development and implementation of robust marketing campaigns, which may include brainstorming, copy writing, creating assets, etc.
* Manage project progression by acting as the point-person for tasks and setting deadlines in a proactive, flexible and adaptive approach
* Prep creative work orders for audio liaisons in advance of submitting job requests to design
* Coordinate with hardcover design teams on accessing layered files for advertising assets
* Work with audio marketing liaisons and hardcover marketing teams to determine title-specific audio content for the PRHA blog and newsletter
* Write stories for the PRHA blog and create audio-specific content for Penguin Random House’s corporate website
* Log campaign data for marketing activity reports
* Schedule, manage agenda, prep documents, and take notes during marketing meetings with hardcover imprints
* Create TikTok videos for monthly ad campaigns in conjunction with PRH Audio’s social media team
* Other duties as assigned
* A minimum of 1-2 years of previous marketing experience required
* Demonstrates the ability to prioritize tasks and manage project timelines in a deadline-driven environment
* Prior experience publishing and editing content in WordPress or similar CMS
* Strong writing skills to assist with copywriting, creating assets, and marketing campaigns
* Proven ability to prioritize multiple tasks
* Ability to collaborate with multiple teams concurrently
* Prior knowledge of publishing industry preferred but not required
We encourage marketing professionals from all industries to apply. If you’re innovative, have a passion for audiobooks, and would like an opportunity to learn and grow within the fastest growing segment in the publishing industry, don’t miss out - apply today!
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands