Sales Manager - NYC Metro
Penguin Random House, New York, NY
Home of the world’s best books.
In this exciting role, you will be responsible for selling titles across all Penguin Random House Children’s book imprints, as well as titles for select distribution clients, within an assigned territory. Accounts within the territory will include bookstores, book fair accounts, and distributors. You’ll collaborate closely with sales and publishing colleagues and maintain ongoing communications between them and your accounts regarding popular titles, backlist opportunities, and market trends.
Other specific responsibilities include:
* Overseeing the sales, marketing and merchandising of Penguin Random House Children’s Books and client publishers’ books to accounts within designated territory.
* Selling frontlist titles into accounts on a seasonal basis and actively soliciting reorders.
* Developing and implementing territory strategies and sales plans for backlist and frontlist titles.
* Collaborating with accounts on marketing plans and promotions.
* Maintaining knowledge of the account base and addressing customer needs.
* Communicating with the Sales Director, internal sales teams, and coordinating with Penguin Random House sales counterparts to maximize title growth.
* Attending and participating in sales conferences, teleconferences, and regional trade shows.
* Presenting titles to key accounts on Rep Nights, staff presentations, educator events, etc.
Please apply if you meet the minimum qualifications:
* Minimum of 2 years sales experience
* Awareness and interest in children’s publishing industry, including titles and authors.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong follow-up and organizational skills
* Strong analytical skills with a proven ability to think creatively
* Ability to prioritize multiple projects in a deadline driven environment
* Works well independently and in a team setting
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
* Ability to travel regularly up to 25% of the year by car or train
* Ability to work some evenings and/or weekends, as needed
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands