Talent Management Associate Manager
Penguin Random House, New York, NY
Home of the world’s best books.
Penguin Random House, the leading publishing house in the US, is excited to hire for our Global Talent Management & Development (GTM&D) Team. If you are at your best working across multiple time zones, building relationships with international colleagues, and being part of developing people and their long-term careers, then this is the role for you!
The GTM&D team is a fast-paced, collaborative team that sits at the company's core. The team works in close partnership with our country HR teams, employees, and leaders worldwide to drive the PRH global talent strategy at a local and global level, including with our parent company, Bertelsmann, headquartered in Germany.
Note: We are a global team that works collaboratively across multiple geographies, and we will consider applicants based remotely in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, and Spain. As this team is spread across multiple time zones, the required core working hours are 9am-2pm, Eastern Time.
The person in this role will help accelerate our talent management efforts globally by:
Supporting the design and implementation of the PRH talent management and succession planning practices that underpin our efforts to retain, develop and enable our talent and future-proof our leadership.
* Partnering with talent development colleagues, territory HR, and our shareholder, Bertelsmann, to create and leverage best-in-class solutions, development, and tools that enable and advance our talent globally.
* Providing dedicated project management for talent management and organizational development assignments that work to build aspects of talent management into the employee lifecycle in a holistic way.
The role will prioritize:
PRH Talent Review and Succession Planning Practices.
Supporting the application of talent management and succession planning practices, tools, and processes globally and supporting the VP, Talent Management in preparing for the annual global and corporate level talent and succession planning activities.
Talent and Senior and Top Management.
Ensuring that global talent and top and senior management profiles and information are maintained and available as a tool for supporting their professional and career development at PRH and working with Talent Development colleagues and local HR to facilitate individual talent development plans.
Bertelsmann and PRH Talent Development Program Management.
Serve as PRH divisional program manager for PRH and Bertelsmann Talent Management initiatives, including coordinating participants participating in the Future Leaders Program, overseeing PRH’s participation in the annual Bertelsmann employer branding event Talent meets Bertelsmann, and coordinating divisional level Talent Pool nominations.
Talent Partner for the Key Talent Group: Tech and Data.
Provide dedicated talent engagement support to the tech and data talent community, and become their “go-to” Talent Partner over time. Oversee tech and data-specific development programming, including liaising with IT and Data sponsors to identify emerging and priority development needs and program nominations, advising on program-related questions, and developing processes that support the participants’ learning experience.
Organizational development assignments with a talent focus.
Actively work on projects that support the attraction, retention, and development of PRH talent and leadership globally,
What we are looking for in you:
* 3-5 years’ experience within HR and Talent, or equivalent function
* Proven strong project management and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects at different stages at the same time
* A natural relationship and network builder
* A collaborative team player who is a self-starter and has a can-do and win-win attitude
* Proven experience working and managing different stakeholders at different levels of the organization
* Experience operating in a Matrix organization
* Analytical with a good knowledge of Excel and capacity to extract data to inform talent decisions
* Experience in global roles or working across multiple time zones including Australia, Germany, and China with a sensitivity to different working styles, practices, and cultures a plus
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
Home of the world’s best books.