Analyst, Sales Business Development
Penguin Random House, New York, NY
Home of the world’s best books.
In this role, you will support the Associate Director of Sales Business Development. As part of the central sales team, you will deliver vital insights and outputs to the business.
What you'll do:
* Design and maintain business tools using Power BI and other software to provide flexible reporting
* Deliver actionable, organized insights and time-saving solutions to support sales product strategy
* Work with internal executives, senior management, publishing, and cross-divisional teams on business processes
* Develop product requirements and specifications to build and onboard new tools
* Contribute to critical business initiatives by providing analytical support
* Conduct data analysis for key stakeholders throughout the company
* Visualize data to create effective reporting dashboards and end-to-end products
* Manage ad hoc projects and requests to support the business
* Significant experience with the Power BI platform and in DAX coding (can be supplemented with other business intelligence systems, such as Tableau)
* Experience working in a project environment: requirements gathering, testing, development, production, data quality assurance
* Confident in liaising with technical and business users translating needs into dashboards
* Demonstrates strong business acumen and effective communication across functions within an organization
* Can analyze and present complex information from many data sources
* Knowledge of relational databases, data modeling, data warehousing, and other query database tools (languages such as SQL a plus)
* Knowledge of cloud database platforms such as Azure, Snowflake
* Familiarity with project management methodology (e.g., JIRA)
* Experience within publishing, media, or at a consulting company is a plus
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands