Editor/Sr Editor - Tiny Reparations
Penguin Random House, New York, NY
Home of the world’s best books.
Editor/Senior Editor – Tiny Reparations Books
Penguin Random House is seeking an Editor or a Senior Editor to acquire and edit fiction for the Tiny Reparations imprint in the Dutton/Penguin Publishing Group. Phoebe Robinson founded Tiny Reparations with the mission to publish books that highlight and amplify unique and diverse voices. This role will focus on general commercial and literary fiction, across genres that could include historical, book club, and suspense, with the opportunity to also consider select nonfiction and to acquire for Dutton’s other imprints, including Plume.
The ideal candidate will be a meticulous editor and prompt and thorough communicator with a sharp eye, and an editor who will consistently pursue and attract new authors, and have strong agent relationships. The role will be fully involved in the publishing process from submissions through production and publication. This is an excellent opportunity to establish and nurture relationships with authors, booksellers, reviewers, and others in the writing and publishing community and to build a list with a successful new imprint.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Soliciting, acquiring, and editing books for publication.
* Working with the publicity and marketing teams to package and position books.
* Acting as the in-house liaison between editorial and the production, design, art, and managing editorial departments, as well as the sales, marketing and publicity teams.
* Reading with other Editors as they assess projects, as needed.
* Communicating with authors and agents in all phases of the publishing process, from acquisition to publish date.
* Effectively representing own list as well as the imprint to media, booksellers, foreign publishers, literary organizations, and other out-of-house contacts beyond authors and agents.
Please apply if you meet the following requirements:
* Minimum of 4 years of publishing experience in editorial acquisitions for a general trade publisher
* Strong editing capabilities
* Established contacts in the agent community
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills
* Strong interpersonal skills with the proven ability to negotiate with authors and agents
* Proven ability to set priorities under pressure and multi-task effectively
* Excellent attention to detail
* Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Teams, etc.
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
Create the extraordinary.