Social Media Manager, Dutton, Plume, Tiny Reparations Books
Penguin Random House, New York, NY
Home of the world’s best books.
About the team:
Our marketing team at Dutton/Plume/Tiny Rep Books is full of passionate readers and energetic self-starters committed to connecting our books with the widest possible readership in creative and data-driven ways. As a Social Media Manager, you’ll play a key role in contributing to the marketing department’s goals by supporting the full team with the development of inventive, engaging, and on trend social media content across the imprints to continue growing our channels/audience; strengthening our external, reader-facing brand identity with a unified voice; building long-term imprint branding initiatives and social influencer partnerships; helping to amplify backlist promotions and movie tie-in campaigns; strategizing with authors on leveraging their own audiences; and much more.
Dutton – a boutique imprint within Penguin Random House – has a focused list of buzzy fiction and lauded nonfiction with a huge audience, publishing 70+ new books a year, from bestselling franchise authors to debut novelists and luminaries in their field. Plume publishes new nonfiction voices in the genres of pop culture/lifestyle, cultural and feminist statements, and humorous gift books. Tiny Reparations Books (founded in 2020 by Phoebe Robinson) is a highly curated imprint dedicated to publishing both literary fiction and nonfiction, as well as essay collections that highlight and amplify unique and diverse voices. Recent authors our imprints have published include: Sean Carroll, Fiona Davis, Lisa Gardner, Hank Green, Jonathan Karl, Asha Lemmie, Trixie Mattel & Katya, Nick Offerman, Phoebe Robinson, Riley Sager, and many more. Visit www.penguin.com/dutton-overview/ to learn more.
As a Social Media Manager, you will:
* Perform social media responsibilities, which include scheduling, content creation, strategy, team education, and conducting analysis across Dutton’s imprint social channels
* Manage and oversee social media content calendars by collaborating with title marketers and the Marketing Director on content creation and direction and work with the design team on social photography, community management, and engagement
* Create social media strategy by platform, measure organic performance in real time to engage readers, and respond to the ever-changing landscape
* Administer Dutton/Plume social media channels, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and other emerging platforms
* Collaborate closely with Tiny Rep Books social media channels, including Instagram and Twitter, and additional platforms as launched, via third-party agency
* Educate imprint teams on new social productions and platforms; assist in developing best practices and guidelines for imprint and authors
* Provide regular reporting on imprint social growth and post-performance
* Assist with managing imprint social influencer program, with a combined reach to 5 million followers
* Manage seasonal and thematic imprint-wide backlist campaigns, work with title marketers and marketing director on strategy and content development
* Amplify emerging backlist opportunities and provide backlist title marketers support as needed
* Minimum of 4 years prior related experience in publishing, marketing, or social media, with experience working on creative and strategic campaigns
* Proven understanding of the social landscape, platform best practices and fluency in social media measurement tools, and interest in emerging platforms
* Experience generating content for brand or author channels; interest in spotting and contributing to trending content preferred
* Ability to juggle multiple tasks, keep track of deadlines, and work collaboratively across teams
* Highly organized with a strong attention to detail and time management
* Excellent presentation and written communication skills
The salary range for this position is $67,000 to $70,000. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter with salary requirements.
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
Recruit like an expert, or let an expert recruit for you.
Creative Jobs For You
Associate, Consumer Data and Marketing Automation, Penguin Ran...
Penguin Random House, New York, NY