Sr. Publicist, Penguin Press
Penguin Random House, New York, NY
Home of the world’s best books.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Planning and executing media campaigns that will maximize exposure for authors and their books, including creating press materials, securing national and local media, and managing author tours
* Discovering new media opportunities to build on existing media contacts and brainstorming creative angles for our campaigns
* Developing and strengthening relationships with media, booksellers, agents, and marketplace/industry contacts
* Working closely with authors on all aspects of publicity, including communicating and honing publicity strategy, briefing authors for interviews, and accompanying authors to publicity engagements
* Presenting Penguin Press list to broadcast, print, online media outlets, booksellers, and lecture venues
* Collaborating with key in-house departments, including Marketing, Sales, Editorial, and Subsidiary Rights
* Managing award submissions for the imprint
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
* Minimum 4 years of publishing publicity experience
* Ability to work independently, as well as in a collaborative team environment
* Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
* Strong organizational skills
* Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and meet tight deadlines
* Excellent presentation skills
* Knowledge of the media, marketplace, and competition
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
* Knowledge of Cision, Muckrack, and Publishers Work Bench a plus
Salary for this position is $67,000. Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter.
About Penguin Random House
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.
Want to learn more about Penguin Random House? Visit Penguin Random House's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands